I’ve turned on trackback. Hopefully it is showing up below this.
Going to dinner tonight with Doc and others. Should be fun. Look for me there!
A very enjoyable gathering with Doc and friends tonight. I really enjoyed meeting Halley Suitt, and we had a great talk about her alpha-male articles. I suggested an alternate blogging world where we’d write about Little Rascals and “Alphalfa Male.” So, this is for you, Halley:
Alphalfa: “Gee spanky, I’m not sure about this Alphafa Male stuff.”
Spanky: “But what about your promise to the He-man woman-hater’s club?”
Alphalpha: “I’m sorry, Spanky, I have live my own life.”
Other fun and interesting bloggers and journalist types were there, including, but not limited to:
- Cameron Barnett of Camworld, wearing a “Camworld” shirt. Cam may have the distinction of being the first person fired because he had a weblog.
- Dean Landsman, Doc’s old radio buddy who suggested the Katz’s venue, who it turns out I know from business in 1997 or so when I was at Netcast. Turns out he’s from very close to where I live, so we’re going to get together.
- Andrius Kulikauskas of MinicuSodas, who gets the “farthest travelled” award, having come from Lithuania.
- Paul Boutin and his wife. I had nice chats with both of them. Paul was a client of my team at Microsoft when he was at Wired, back in 97-98 or so. He’s doing a lot of freelance for places like Salon, and recently had some famous time for tracking down the “blogger of Baghdad”, Salam Pax.
- Mark Stahlman, Silicon Alley stalwart, came in with Renee Edelman of PR21. Great to see them.
- Jon Guttenberg, who I didn’t have enough of a chance to catch up with. Sorry, Jon. Lunch soon.
- Tomas’ ??(sorry!), who’s off to the GEL conference tomorrow. Wish I could be there.
- Kevin Werbach and I spent a few minutes today comparing our “my kid did this” stories.
- Dan Gillmor was there. I didn’t get to talk to him much, but I enjoy his columns.
- Anil Dash, who just joined Moveable Type, sat next to me.
Updated again: Pictures!
Well, I’m here, blogging on MT. How about that?